Plant a bamboo in Nepal with the "Grow Bamboo Initiative" by Bamboa
GIVE MORE THAN A GIFT THIS HOLIDAY SEASON!
A HK$100 / USD$13 DONATION PLANTS BAMBOO IN NEPAL AND GETS YOU A UNIQUE GIFT!
Bamboa and its customers are off to a great start. With our local partners, we’ve planted 250 bamboos in Nepal. Building a greener future with your thoughtful donations.
To keep this good work going, Bamboa has minted its own currency – the BOO-Coin, made of 100% ethically-sourced bamboo.
Contribute HK$100 / USD$13 and get a BOO-Coin! You’ve got the opportunity to plant one bamboo this Christmas!
Your contribution plants more bamboo and we’ll send you an ethically-sourced,unvarnished, BOO-Coin made out of Bamboo. Keep it or give it as a holiday gift. It’s a coaster, a conversation piece and shows that you care about our fragile world.
This is a present that keeps on growing. A living and breathing gift that lives for decades and significantly benefits the planet.
THE GROW BAMBOO INITIATIVE:
Founded in September 2020 by Julia Washbourne (CEO of Bamboa) and Dr Shyam Paudel (Forest and Climate Specialist), The Grow Bamboo Initiative has a great mission:
• GROW BAMBOO ON A GLOBAL SCALE TO FIGHT CLIMATE CHANGE
• SUPPORT LOCAL COMMUNITIES AND THEIR ECONOMY
The GROW BAMBOO INITIATIVE supports dozens of local families in the Kavre District of Nepal. One hectare of 250 bamboos has been filled so far. Bamboo, one of the fastest growing plants in the world, is a nutritional food source and the raw material for manufacturing micro-business items such as baskets, furniture and chopsticks.
Wondering what those 250 bamboo planted have done so far?
- They removed 200 METRICS TONNES OF CO2 and they realease 35% more oxygen than trees.
- They provided hours of work to lift entire communities out of poverty: The initiative support a dozen of rural families by providing them with an income for their families and educations of their children.On the hectare dedicated to the GBI, the communities will plant and attend to the bamboo until it is ready to be harvested after 3 years.
- They slowed down deforestation. In fact, Fast growing bamboo can help quickly replenish a forest stripped of timber.
- They restored ecosystems in Nepal
- They are crafted into daily practical bamboo items that can serve as a replacement for plastic and other non eco friendly materials.
Growing bamboo is something everybody can to fight climate change.
We need your support now more than ever!
Visit our website for an overview of the project here.
Or directly donate here!