The story of our Bamboo fabric
Not finding many sustainable and natural options in 2010, and especially none that were reasonably priced, Julia decided to start her own bamboo bedding, towel and t-shirt collection. Being accustomed to complying with German standards, norms and strict quality control processes, Julia searched for the best manufacturing partner to start to work with on her new products.
Securing an excellent quality supply chain
Being a pioneer and leader in bamboo bedsheets since 2010, Bamboa has worked incessantly to gain access to every part of the supply chain, starting with the source, the bamboo forests to the processing of bamboo into yarn and to weaving it into bed sheets. Bamboa uses 100% bamboo fibres that derive from sustainable bamboo forests.
Environmentally friendly process
Bamboo is considered a weed and is the fastest growing plant on the planet, whereby it doesn’t require any irrigation or pesticides to grow, versus cotton that is an incredibly wasteful und unsustainable crop which requires gallons of pesticides and also water to grow.
Bamboa uses the latest environmental production process for the bamboo fibre, which is called lyocell. The bamboo lyocell method doesn’t use any toxic substances or chlorine containing bleach and 98% of the water used for production is recycled in a closed loop system.
Bamboo lyocell's benefits
100% Organic Bamboo Lyocell in a 300 thread count which is equal to 1000 cotton thread count. This newly developed bamboo lyocell is a high-end form of bamboo textile that has the following benefits:
- Extremely soft and silky texture
- Thermo-regulating (feels cool in summer and warm in winter)
- Hypoallergenic (perfect for sensitive skin)
- Naturally Anti-bacterial and Odour Resistant, it stays fresh longer
- Biodegradable textile material and water-saving textile
- Easy to machine wash
How to care for bamboo fabric
- Wash maximum 40 degrees C with mild detergent
- No need for softener
- Do not bleach – Use baking soda instead!
- Hang dry or tumble dry on lowest temperature
- Choose the symbol for silk